The rumors of me not working on Unlocker have been greatly exaggerated. I have been very busy with pushing the envelope at work, MBA studies during evenings and week-ends, and life during the time left.
Still, I finally had a little time to address all the reported issues on Unlocker, and Unlocker now supports Windows 7. From a x64 stand point, it took me a couple of hours to get it fully working on my machine. I still have to sign the driver which might require a lot of paperwork, but hopefully it will not take long. For the impatient kind, I can provide alpha versions
Interestingly, now that I have a x64 machine, I had no alternative than to get Unlocker working. Despite the increased number of ersatz, none of them really did the job and I really had a motivation to get Unlocker working.
Finally, I addressed the topic of false positives with Unlocker on my my blog. There is no malware in Unlocker and there will never be. And for the record I am not the only one having similar issues.
- Fixed bug: Handles should not be missing anymore on Windows7.
- Fixed bug: Potential conflict with regular explorer use when opening multiple files or other shell extensions such as 7-zip.
- Fixed bug: UI should now appear properly when done from clean install.
- Fixed bug: No hangs due to looping junctions should happen anymore.
- Fixed bug: Deleting junctions will not erase original files anymore.
- Fixed bug: Managing your computer on Windows 7 will not crash anymore.
- Fixed bug: Bitmap handles should not leak anymore from the shell extension.
- Fixed bug: Many other potential sources of bugs and crashes.
- Improved behavior: When deleting files they will be sent first to the recycle bin if possible, only if not possible more abrasive deletion will be used.
- Improved behavior: Unlocker can be started directly from the start menu to browse to the desired file or folder.
- Promotional feature: Added fully optional shortcuts to eBay during the installation. Simply untick "eBay shortcuts" in the choose components page during install if you do not wish to have those.