CleanAfterMe allows you to easily clean files and Registry entries that are automatically created by the Windows operating system during your regular computer work.
With CleanAfterMe, you can clean the cookies/history/cache/passwords of Internet Explorer, the 'Recent' folder, the Registry entries that record the last opened files, the temporary folder of Windows, the event logs, the Recycle Bin, and more.
CleanAfterMe is a portable application. This means that you can run it without any installation and without leaving any trace in the Registry.
You can also run this program from a USB flash drive: In order to do that, simply copy the executable file of CleanAfterMe (CleanAfterMe.exe) into the USB flash drive, and run it from there.
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Vista
- Version 1.30:
- New option: Fill files with zero bytes before deleting them (In Advanced Options)
- New option: Don't ask me before cleaning my temporary folder (In Advanced Options)
- New cleaning items for Outlook/Word/Office temporary folder.
- Version 1.25:
- Added command-line support (/clean and /report)
- Fixed bug: In some computers, when cleaning USB devices, the USB mouse/keyboard devices were also removed, and the user had to unplug and plug them again...
- Added support for cleaning 'UserAssist' Registry key.
- Added support for cleaning Visual Studio MRU lists. (Displayed only when Visual Studio installation is detected.)
- Added support for cleaning Acrobat Reader MRU list. (Displayed only when Acrobat Reader installation is detected.)
- Fixed bug: CleanAfterMe failed to clean the history file of Firefox 3.0.1
- New cleaning item: Installed USB devices.
- New option: Remember Last Settings.
- New cleaning items: Recent files list of Microsoft Office and Windows Media Player, and .eml files cache of Windows Live Mail.
- New cleaning item: Clean Firefox 3 History (this option delete the moz_historyvisits table of places.sqlite, without affecting the bookmarks and other data in this file)
- Fixed bug: Cleaning hitsory file caused a problem with Bookmarks on Firefox 3.
- Added support for Firefox (Displayed only when Firefox folder is detected)
- Added support for Opera Web browser (Displayed only when Opera folder is detected)
- Added support for cleaning the last logged-on user name.
- The main dialog-box of CleanAfterMe is now resizable.
- In cleaing report: Display the number of files to delete and the total files size to delete.
Version 1.01 - Fixed bug: CleanAfterMe hangs when choosing 'no' to 'Do you want to clean selected items' question.
Version 1.00 - First release.